Blackout Solar Powered Roller blind in White for Velux code GGL/GHL/GGU. Velux Solar Powered Blackout Blinds are the ideal choice if you wish to turn day into night. It is a battery operated remote control Blackout Blind. The in-situ blind batteries are recharged by solar power, so there is no need to keep recharging or replacing them. The handset requires 2x AAA batteries (provided). The Solar Powered Blackout Blind runs up and down the window in aluminium side channels which are designed to prevent daylight from passing in around the edges. The blind can be left in any position you choose on the window, alternately it can be fully closed or open. Velux Solar Powered Blackout Blinds are also designed to improve the insulation in and around the window. This is achieved via the inclusion of an aluminium backing that reflects excessive heat from the sun whilst retaining heat within the room. This makes it an ideal blind for a bedroom or any other room where you would choose to control the amount of light and heat that comes in via the window (eg) a study or home office.
- The VELUX Blackout Blind – battery operated – is made of dirt-resistant polyester with a special heat blocking aluminium coating on the back to retain heat in the room in winter and reflect solar heat in summer
- Runs in close-fitting profiles to ensure effective light exclusion
- Allows you to position the blind at any place in the window
- Dispatched as single package including motorized blind, batteries, and remote handset.
- Size = Window Code which you can find on the frame of your opened roof window